National Strawberries and Cream Day is today!! May 21st.
Fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream is a must when strawberries are in season. They are the divine, perfect, refreshing, light snack on a beautiful warm day!
Strawberries are a very healthy snack as they are low-fat, low in calories and an excellent source of vitamin C, fiber, folic acid, and potassium.
Enjoy this Strawberries and Cream Recipe
love, k ❤
Joshua Tree, CA –May 10, 2018 – Shakti Fest returns for its eighth season, this year on Mother’s Day weekend – May 10 – 14 at the Joshua Tree Retreat Center, in Joshua Tree, CA. Organized by Bhakti Fest, a leader in conscious festival events, Shakti Fest is a unique springtime celebration of the divine feminine spirit, described in Eastern philosophy as the ‘dynamic force which moves the universe’. The sacred yoga and music festival features world-famous yoga teachers, Kirtan music stars, wisdom workshops, sound baths, and a healing sanctuary.
It’s divine timing that this yoga and sacred music festival is able to honor the spirit of the universal feminine to align with Mother’s Day. Shakti Fest 2018 music lineup inspires attendees to sing, dance and open their hearts. This year’s music line up inspires attendees to dance, sing, open their hearts, and includes the best Kirtan (a.k.a. mantra chanting) artists on the conscious music scene; Jai Uttal, Donna De Lory, Larissa Stowe, Govind Das & Radha, MC Yogi, Girish, Jaya Lakshmi, Prajna Vieira & the Mukti Kirtan Ensemble, Gina Sala, Vaiyasaki Das, David Newman, Fannah Fi Allah, and many more!
The entire Kirtan line-up is available at shaktifest.bhaktifest.com/kirtan/
It truly is a beautiful time to practice yoga indoors and out. With three yoga halls offering an abundance of classes over a three day period, there really is something for everyone! 2018 Shakti Fest teachers include; Shiva Rea, Mark Whitwell, Mas Vidal, Kia Miller, Georgina Meister, Cheryl Slader, Leeza Villagomez, Carmen Curtis, Hemalayaa Behl, Oleg Flow, Jennica Mills, Allison Prince and Katie Allen, Lisa Gniady, and Kristin Olson. Everyone can find their inner Shakti through energy inspiring sessions in a wide variety of yoga styles.
View the full yoga lineup at shaktifest.bhaktifest.com/yoga/
Shakti Fest Workshops cover a plethora of conscious and wellness topics including Ayurveda, breathwork, spiritual nutrition, tantric energy, Vedic astrology, Sanskrit, conscious relationships, women’s sexuality, bhakti art, and hoop dance, with internationally known speakers such as Michael Brian Baker, Mirabai Devi, Renee Baribeau, Dawn Cartwright, Zoë Kors, Jeffrey Armstrong and Dharma Devi.
For workshop details see shaktifest.bhaktifest.com/workshops/
Shakti Fest Sound Healing Experience is a must. Yogis can immerse themselves in the powerful healing energy of sound baths with practitioners of this popular sonic meditation including Eric Sedorovitz, Gabriel Logan Braun, Lynda Arnold, Shane Thunder, David West & Enrique Pedrosa, Michelle Berc, and more.
For more information on the sound healing offerings visit shaktifest.bhaktifest.com/sounddome/
There is no place like the high desert to embrace and immerse yourself in a powerful conscious experience. The historic Joshua Tree Retreat Center is the oldest and largest retreat center in the Western U.S., located on a sacred vortex site with a walking labyrinth. This setting allows for serene inner reflection and uplifting spiritual renewal. Accommodation options include cottages, retreat center spaces, camping, and RV parking, all on site. There are also great hotels within a few miles of the retreat center. Shakti Fest Eco Artisan Village offers vegetarian and vegan food vendors, yoga clothing accessories, and gear, jewelry, art and unique collectibles. The organizers have set the event on running a green event, offering free water and mindful recycling practices.
For travel information visit shaktifest.bhaktifest.com/travel-info/Shakti Fest is a vehicle for the evolution of human consciousness through heart-centered revolution dedicated to the divine feminine that dwells within all of us.
Shakti Fest is a vehicle for the evolution of human consciousness through a heart-centered revolution dedicated to the divine feminine that dwells within all of us.
See you there!
With more natural brands launching online and more consumers than ever buying healthy and natural products there, too, it makes sense to have a digital presence that is both informative and entertaining. The brands that are strategically winning on social media are those that use multiple platforms to engage fans, show some personality and inspire healthy living through photography, video, purpose-driven campaigns, and, of course, #hashtags.
Check out the top 5 brands that have caught the digital eye of thousands of health enthusiasts and also grabbed our attention leading up to and during Natural Products Expo West 2018.
1. The Stanley Brothers on progress and potential of the CBD industry. The Stanley brothers of Colorado helped put the health benefits of CBD on the public’s radar back when their hemp extract that was high in CBD content and extremely low in THC content, now known as Charlotte’s Web, made headlines because of its apparent effectiveness in helping some children with autism and debilitating seizure disorders.
We caught up with three of the brothers at the CBD Summit at Natural Products Expo West to hear their thoughts about the potential benefits of the flourishing CBD category for the health of people.
2. Chobani LLC, maker of America’s No. 1 Greek yogurt brand and the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer in the U.S., has announced today the members of its Spring 2018 class for the Chobani Incubator. The third and largest Chobani Incubator class to date, with nine food startups, is made up of companies that are disrupting and improving high-potential food categories in the U.S., from new and innovative snack products like simple seed-based bars or peanut butter protein puffs, to healthier energy drink and smoothie options to nutritional foods that can help kids learn to love vegetables.
3. Matchabar when your mission is to bring matcha to the people, which it is for New York-based Matchabar, then getting social to keep fans engaged and motivated to find better energy by drinking matcha is a must. Drinking beautiful cups of an agate green elixir that has caffeine, antioxidants, and amino acid L-Theanine to support a cool, calm, and collected feeling.
4. Natures Path, a brandthat proves breakfast can be beautiful especially by using social media. With fun-stop-motion photography and mandala-style, Natures Path products are pleasing to the eye and the brand blossoms with topics from reducing sugar to organic gardening.
5. Purely Elizabeth, a granola company that just keeps reinventing itself. The new line of Vibrant Oats, which can make a morning superfood bowl an energetic shade of blue, pink or yellow (from natural mix-ins, such as spirulina powder) has become the best- in- the – industry appeal to on-the-go health driven products.
When you’ve got a craving for USDA organic sweet or savoury snacks Natural Products Expo is a social giveaway matches made in heaven.
Food tastes better to people who are told the meal has been prepared with love.
Definitely had to stop by the bakery for a fresh, warm Croissant 🥐 today! #NationalCroissantDay