Watermelons are a great summer fruit for everyone especially for children to enjoy. They contain loads of essential nutrients and are storehouses of nutrients.
For your benefit, we list the nutrients in watermelon, along with their health benefits:
Lycopene: It is an antioxidant that helps maintain a healthy heart, and bones
Vitamin A: This Vitamin is good for eyes and skin.
Vitamin B1: This Vitamin helps the body to use food for getting energy.
Vitamin B6: Helps in fighting infections.
Vitamin C: This Vitamin makes the immune system stronger.
Citrulline: It is an amino acid that converts to arginine. This amino acid promotes healthy blood circulation and maintains cardiovascular health.
Watermelons work wonders to combat the heat and hydrate the body. To make these easy, fun watermelon slice popsicles, insert a popsicle stick into the rind! It makes clean up a breeze. Kids love it! You can also freeze the slice popsicles for a chilly, refreshing treat.
Labor Day parties can be some of the best of the year. During a summer of social distancing, we’re skipping the guest list and celebrating with our household. We plan on spending lots of time outside grilling vegetables and enjoying refreshing cold drinks.
Check out the link below that shares a variety of 15 Vegan Recipes for Labor Day. This weekend menu already has made me begin to prepare for our Labor Day BBQ.
The holidays may be over, but the New Year celebration and commitments to our resolutions persevere with National Green Juice Day on January 26. National Green Juice Day was established as a way to encourage people to stick to their health and wellness resolutions by drinking a green juice.
There are several veggie-centric ways to celebrate and inspire health and wellness habits in the New Year 2018.
Start off your morning by making green juice at home or grab a bottle of cold-pressed green juice for a simple way to get more nutrients from green vegetables in your daily diet.
You don’t need a recipe to make a burrito — you just need to know the art of burrito rolling.
1. First, heat your oven to 350° F and then go set up your space: choose your veggies of choice, heated refried beans, cooked long grain rice, grated cheese (swiss, jack, cheddar, or a mix) crumbled queso fresco, chopped cilantro, chopped cabbage, salsa of your choice–homemade is best.
2. Tear off a sheet of aluminum foil just larger than the big flour tortilla you are about to lay on top of it. The largest tortilla is what you will need. 10- inch. Next, cover the mid section with your tortilla with a layer of beans and cheese of your choice. Pour on some rice, chopped cabbage, a sprinkle of cilantro, and then a generous drizzle of salsa.
3. Next: the fold and the wrap. Pretend you are facing north. Fold over the east and west sides to cover the ingredients by about a third of the way from each end.
4. Now pull the south side (closest to you) over the ingredients, allowing a margin at the far end. Pull toward you as you roll seal by pushing everything on top of that last bare margin of tortilla. Sometimes it helps to dip a finger in water and run it along the margin first. You can poke the ends in a bit to keep tucked.
5. To complete making a Mexican burrito, wrap the burrito in the foil in exactly the same way you folded the tortilla. Bake this in the oven for 8 minutes. yum it is ready.
Aloo tikki, or spiced potato fritters, are to northern Indian what fish and chips is to Britain and Australia. A near ubiquitious street food, best served hot, crispy, and satisfying salty. Substitute ketchup for chutney, and a banana leaf for a twist and it’s a perfect match. Though it must be admitted that aloo tikki is a bit more sophisticated.
Crispy Aloo Tikki is a popular street food chaat in India that can be made in a variety of ways. Any way you prepare these tikkis, they are sure to turn out great! They taste especially delicious with mint chutney, or cilantro chutney, tamarind chutney. One of our favorite toppings is minced jalepeno peppers or spiced chola (this recipe for crispy aloo tikki is with spicy chola topping).
Watermelon is known as a body-healing fruit, it is full of amazing health benefits, especially during the summer season.
The fruit is incredibly hydrating, it is the best time to indulge in this fresh, melon, as it has to offer an array of nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
It makes a great gift on a hot day. If you eat watermelon on a daily basis, it can improve your cardiovascular health and protect your eyes and immune system.
Thankfully, watermelon is one of those fruits we can all agree on. It’s refreshing and delicious, and it’s the perfect addition to backyard barbeques, pool parties and 4th of July celebrations.
Watermelon can also boost your mood and improve your focus because of the presence of vitamin B6–which is a crucial nutrient that is responsible for calming the nerves.