Watermelons are a great summer fruit for everyone especially for children to enjoy. They contain loads of essential nutrients and are storehouses of nutrients.
For your benefit, we list the nutrients in watermelon, along with their health benefits:
- Lycopene: It is an antioxidant that helps maintain a healthy heart, and bones
- Vitamin A: This Vitamin is good for eyes and skin.
- Vitamin B1: This Vitamin helps the body to use food for getting energy.
- Vitamin B6: Helps in fighting infections.
- Vitamin C: This Vitamin makes the immune system stronger.
- Citrulline: It is an amino acid that converts to arginine. This amino acid promotes healthy blood circulation and maintains cardiovascular health.
Watermelons work wonders to combat the heat and hydrate the body. To make these easy, fun watermelon slice popsicles, insert a popsicle stick into the rind! It makes clean up a breeze. Kids love it! You can also freeze the slice popsicles for a chilly, refreshing treat.
Cheers, kelly ❤